Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of March 4, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: Reporting to the Executive Director for Human Resources, the individual selected will provide administrative support to the Human Resources office.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Secretarial experience in human resources and/or higher education preferred. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
• Process personnel actions
• Data input/management in Datatel/Colleague
• Confidentially and efficiently maintain employee records
• Facilitate effective communication flow to employees
• Post position announcements to the OC website and other selected media
• Coordinate updates to the Employee Policy Manual
• Record minutes for the Benefits Committee and the Board of Trustees Human Resources Committee
• Budget management and credit card reconciliation
• Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- In the spirit of team, a willingness to subordinate self-interest to the University's interest
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
o Health insurance premium support
o 403(b) matching contributions
o Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins January 20, and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Terry Winn, Executive Director for Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.